Sustainability Strategy and Service Quality Innovativeness of Manufacturing Firms in Ogun State
Copyright (c) 2020 IOR Press
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The essence of this study is to examine the relationship between sustainability strategy and service quality innovativeness of manufacturing firms in Ogun State.Four objectives, research questions and hypotheses were postulated in order to find to get close to the unknown of the study. Two hundred and sixty-six senior personnel and distributors formed the sample size from thirty-eight (38) manufacturing firms. A self-designed instrument was used for the collection of primary data andPearson Product Moment Correlation (PPMC) was the statistical tool used in analysing the primary data. From the findings of the study it was revealed that there is relationship between sustainability strategy and service quality innovativeness in manufacturing firms in Ogun State. Based on the findings, it was recommended thatmanufacturing firms should keep to the strategic rules of being not easy to imitate, heterogeneity, unique and rare, etc., to enjoy the full benefit of sustainability strategy in the industry. Again, serious caution should be exercise in adopting more than one sustainability strategies at the same time.
- A, Olorunmola et al. "Workplace Learning And Organizational Sustainability In Manufacturing Firms In Port Harcourt, Nigeria". Scholarly Journal Of Business Administration, vol 8, no. 3, 2019, pp. 52-58.
- Ioannis, Ioannou, and Serafeim George. "Corporate Sustainability: A Strategy?". Harvard Business School, Working Paper, 2020, https://www.hbs.edu/faculty/Publication%20Files/19-065_16deb9d6-4461-4d2f-8bbe-2c74b5beffb8.pdf
- Baumgartner, R. J. &Ebner, D. (2010). Corporate Sustainability strategies: Sustainability profiles and maturity levels, Sustainable Development, 18: 76-89.
- Wijetunge, W. A. D. S. "Service quality, competitive advantage and business performance in service providing SMEs in Sri Lanka." International Journal of Scientific and Research Publications 6.7 (2016): 720-728.
- Senbabaoglu, Emine. "The impact of the service innovativeness on perceived overall service quality, customer loyalty and perceived customer value in shopping sites." Marketing and Branding Research 4 (2017): 371-383.
- S.A, Akhamiokhor. "Entrepreneurial Strategies And The Development Of Small And Medium Enterprises (Smes) In Ogun State". Babcock University, Ogun State, Nigeria, 2017.
- M, Porter. Competitive Strategy: Techniques For Analysing Industries And Competitors. Free Press, 1980.
- Doye, Nakuleu Christopher, and M. Bwisa. "The Relationship Between Entrepreneurial Behavior and Performance of Camel Rearing Enterprises in Turkana County, Kenya." International Journal of Technology Enhancements and Emerging Engineering Research 3.09 (2015): 149- 157.
- Sule, O. E. &Amuni, S. I. (2017). Quality control: The challenges of globalization to manufacturing firms, Journal of Business, 2(2): 01-07.
- Sule, Olatunji Eniola. "Quality Control: The Challenges of Globalization to Nigerian Manufacturing Firms." Journal of Business 2.2 (2017): 01-07.
- Su, Yun-Yun et al. "Friendly Restaurant Service Quality and Service Innovation Research". International Journal Of Economic Research, vol 8, no. 13, 2017, pp. 42-49.
- Yarimoglu, Emel Kursunluoglu. "A review on dimensions of service quality models." Journal of Marketing Management 2.2 (2014): 79-93.
- Kyei, Daniel Asante, and Augustine Thomas Mambu Bayoh. "Innovation and customer retention in the Ghanaian telecommunication industry." International Journal of Innovation 5.2 (2017): 171-183.