Investigation of the design criteria for the new generation learning environment in the scope of architecture first class student works
- New generation school,
- Learning environment design,
- Educational buildings,
- Architecture education
Copyright (c) 2020 IOR Press
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
21st century schools are defined as new generation schools. In recent years, studies on new generation schools in educational science have been created with the contributions of the discipline of architecture. In new generation schools, the learning environment can not be confined to classes. According to learning-oriented learning approaches, any environment that affects the learning process for children is the learning environment. In this context, the concept of “learning environment needs to be perceived from a new perspective beyond the concept adopted. The design of educational buildings should be conveyed to the students of architecture, the architects of the future, in the context of the new generation school and learning environment. Within the scope of this study, first year students of the department of architecture were asked to design a learning environment in accordance with the criteria of new generation learning environment design. Student studies were evaluated by the instructor and another faculty member and scored in the context of design criteria of the new generation learning environment. The application results were analyzed comparatively
- Arslan, H. D. (2010), Evaluation of Perception Parameters in Primary School Classroom Design and Suggestions for Design, PhD Thesis, Seljuk University, Konya.
- Akpınar, B. (2010), The Role of Teacher, Student and Parents in Constructivist Approach, ETrade Union of Education Union Journal, 6(16), 15.
- Karabey, H. (2004), Educational Buildings: Planning and Designing Schools of the Future, Contemporary Approaches, Istanbul: Literature Publications.
- De Jesus, R. D. (1987), Design Guidelines for Montessori Schools, Milwaukee, Center for Architecture and Urban Planning Research, University of Wisconsin Press.
- Hertzberger, H. (2008), Space and Learning, Rotterdam: 010 Publishers.
- Anıktar, S. (2017), New Generation Primary Schools Learning Environments Design Support Guide, PhD Thesis, Yıldız Technical University, Istanbul.